Trello is an interactive project management tool that organizes your projects and tasks into visual boards.
Trello offers features to add tasks or cards to these projects, assign a due date, add descriptions, create checklists, make labels, and assign tasks to fellow team members.
People use Trello for collaboration, task management, and personal productivity tool.
But it is not quite suitable for project managers looking for a comprehensive and dependable solution that offers powerful tools to achieve more productivity and ensure successful project completion.
While it is the perfect option for you in the early stage, every extending team hits a moment where they start looking for a Trello alternative.
Here are 10 Trello alternatives that you can use to manage your project:
Asana is a responsive, fast, feature-rich project and task management tool that makes team collaboration and communication much easier.
With Asana, you can assign tasks, view the progress of the tasks, have conversations with your teams all in one place.
You can share notes, attachments, tasks, add due dates, and receive email notifications when a task is assigned to you or someone on your team has made any changes to the task or project.
Asana makes it easy to add files to tasks, with a size up to 100MB, and there’s no storage limit.
With plenty of third-party integrations like Hipchat, Zendesk, Dropbox, Jira, and much more, Asana intensifies your productivity and handles all your operations from a single application.
Features of Asana:
- A better interface that is easy to navigate
- Mobile app with offline mode to work on the go
- More advanced workflow automation features than Trello
- Forms and Portfolios features will help your entire team stay on track·
- Asana is cost-free for up to 15 users and offers unlimited projects, tasks, and conversations.
- Pro versions start at $10.99/month.
ProofHub is project management, team management, and team collaboration tool that is considered another powerful alternative to Trello.
ProofHub replaces multiple tools with one. ProofHub provides three more views for your tasks: Gantt chart view (timeline view), list view, and calendar view.
ProofHub offers all the advanced features to add tasks, prioritize them, assign them to multiple people, collaborate, mention people, attach files, set start and due dates, set estimated time, and track time spent on them.
ProofHub offers you to customize access levels and add custom roles for your teams and clients in addition to the default access levels.
Features of ProofHub:
- Simplifies your everyday business processes.
- Ultimate control over teams and projects.
- On-time project delivery & on-point team accountability.
- Allows you to schedule, collaborate, organize and track time.
ProofHub is available in two ways.:
- The Essential plan is available for $45 /month when billed annually.
- The bigger plan — Ultimate control is available for $89 /month when billed annually.
- ProofHub offers a 14-day free trial that allows you to try the bigger plan features.
Monday.com is centered on the Kanban board; however, it also gives you multiple customized views to your team.
This means a list view to see your major achievements over the next few quarters. A Workload view visually sees who’s overloaded with tasks and who can take on more.
Monday.com includes a Dashboard view that looks into your company’s Key Performance Indicator and observes how your projects are affecting them, as well as charts that can pull data from multiple projects to give you an integrated view of your team’s efforts.
The tool helps you to save time by reducing human error using automation. It has integration over project management apps like Slack, Trello, GitHub, Google Drive, Gmail, Jira and is accessible through zapier.
Features of Monday.com:
- Provides a Kanban board that allows you to visualize the workflow.
- Offers you to add deadlines to the task, reminders, and view project progress.
- Provides a customizable dashboard.
- Organizes all the tasks and projects using personal and public boards.
- Tracks time that helps you to observe the time spent by team members on each task.
- The basic plan starts at $8 per user per month.
- The standard plan starts at $10 per user per month.
- The pro plan costs $16 per user per month.
- The enterprise plan has custom pricing.
Jia is another alternative to Trello that is specifically designed for software teams. It is a software development application that helps plan, track and release great software.
You can even estimate your project timelines and progress by initiating automatic reports.
You can allocate and distribute tasks, track each project, and get real-time reports that help to improve your team’s performance and efficiency.
You can enhance Jira with many integrations like Hipchat, Zephyr, Bitbucket, and many others. Jira has mobile apps so that your team can stay in sync, even when you’re on the go.
Features of Jira:
- Allows you to create a customizable workflow.
- Allows you to select your project that is either Kanban or Scrum.
- Tracks the project using the project tracking feature.
- Assign tasks and subtasks to your team members and prioritize work.
- Provides Kanban boards and Gantt charts to visualize the workflow
- Jira offers a free 7-day trial.
- Jira costs start at $10/month for a team of 1-10 members.
The other most powerful alternative to Trello on our list is Airtable. Airtable’s interface allows it to work dynamically with every team’s needs.
You also do not have to stick with the spreadsheet view, as Airtable allows you to modify your data to a grid gallery.
You can add any content- notes, long text, attachments, checkboxes, or links to record in other databases to highly flexible data fields.
You can enhance Airtable’s performance by integrating with your favorite office apps like Gmail, Slack, Dropbox, Zendesk, Google Drive, and even various social media platforms.
Features of Airtable:
- Pre-made templates assist you to quickly create your first Airtable base
- Custom views for different applications
- Document storage keeps project files in one place
- Task management and tracking
- Integrates third-party plugins
- Airtable offers a free plan with a 2GB attachment space/base and a 1200 records/base limit.
- The pro plan starts at $10/month.
ClickUp is a comparatively new Trello alternative and competitor. ClickUp allows you to assign tasks or projects to your teammates, assign comments, get notifications about changes, and adjust the dashboard view (lists, boards, or blocks).
Its machine learning capabilities set ClickUp apart and make it a compelling Trello alternative.
ClickUp automatically predicts who you’ll assign certain tasks to and can even determine if time estimates are accurate.
ClickUp aims to do what other project management tools argue against doing by reducing workload and automating dispensable tasks to maximize productivity.
Features of ClickUp:
- Assign multiple teammates to a task
- Collaboration detection, which offers you to see in real-time, who is viewing, editing, and commenting.
- Threaded comments
- Multitask toolbar allows you to make changes to multiple tasks in one go.
- Open tasks as tabs
- Check project progress percentage and track time spent on each task.
- ClickUp offers a “forever free” plan that allows unlimited projects and spaces with 100 MB storage.
- The pro plan starts at $9/month.
Avaza is a project management tool with attractive additional features of accounting software.
It allows you to collaborate, track time spent on each task or project, generate expense reports timesheets, send invoices to customers, and even get paid right there from the tool.
Avaza offers easy collaboration with email-enabled discussions and notifications. Avaza also offers the features to switch between Kanban, Gantt, and list views for tasks.
It also allows you to convert an email into tasks, track the completion rate of a task, time spent on tasks, and much more.
You can consolidate files into Avana from your Dropbox or Google Drive to keep all your files in one location to evade duplication of files and avoid confusion.
Avaza is mainly useful for freelancers or small businesses. With Avanza, you’ll be able to share your project board with your customers, send quotations, and share project reports.
The customers or clients can then track the time spent on each task or project, the estimated costs of projects, and receive and pay invoices through Paypal, Visa, Mastercard, etc.
Features of Avaza:
- Flexible project budgeting & billing methods
- Instantly toggle between Kanban, Gantt & List views of the task
- Easily manage resources allocated to each project
- Organize discussions with topic-focused Channels
- Collaborate with clients faster
- One-click time tracking from every screen
Avaza offers a FREE account. A free account offers unlimited projects, unlimited project users & unlimited tasks.
- The startup plan starts at $9.95 per month, which includes two timesheet users & 50 invoices per month.
- The basic plan starts at $19.95 per month, which includes five timesheet users & 100 invoices per month.
- The business plan starts at $39.95 per month, which includes ten timesheet users & unlimited invoices.
Mavenlink is considered a powerful tool that helps automate project management, resource planning, project accounting, and team collaboration.
Mavenlink is mainly designed for service organizations that allow you to consolidate your employees, projects, tasks, and resources for effective utilization.
Mavenlink is a fully-featured Trello alternative with project management capabilities that allows you to improve your project’s performance by monitoring time, budget, and margins.
Mavenlink allows you to direct various projects with ease across different departments. Mavenlink’s advanced analytics provides business intelligence, identifies problem areas, and suggests best practices.
Mavenlink integrates with popular applications such as Google, Microsoft, and Salesforce to help you have a single source of truth.
Features of Mavenlink:
- Enables you to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Enables you to staff, plan, and allocate resources efficiently
- Has enterprise-grade business intelligence and powerful reporting
- Offers ready-to-use reports and dashboards that will help you forecast revenue, margins, and resource capability
- Insights provide faster and more precise planning, reporting, and analysis
Mavenlink offers a free plan that includes an unlimited number of projects with an unlimited number of teammates, but you only get 500 MB of storage.
Mavenlink’s paid plans are categorized into four categories:
- Mavenlink Teams ($19/month),
- Professional ($39/month),
- Premium and Enterprise ( ranges from $59-$79 per month)
Wrike is a project management tool designed with enterprise users in mind. Wrike combines features such as multiple project views, customizable dashboards, built-in approvals and feedback, and in-depth metrics to give you a full view of your project.
Wrike provides each team member with a personal workspace that quickly links to their highest priority tasks to see everything on the lists and work on the right things.
Features of Wrike:
- Enable collaboration with stakeholders
- Live editing and file management
- Budget and time tracking
- Gantt-chart view of projects
- Resource management
- Templates to reduce duplicate tasks
- Email integration that converts emails into tasks
- Calendar synchronization
- Live activity stream to monitor various project updates
- Wrike offers a free plan with 2GB of storage for up to 5 users and the option to create unlimited projects.
- The paid plans cost $9.80/month.
Workzone is the perfect project portfolio management software for PMOs, marketing, and operations teams.
Workzone offers a detailed view of project status workloads and budgets across the enterprise. It’s a powerful project management tool yet easy to use and adapt.
Workzone has maintained the reputation of being a simple-to-use project management software that offers powerful features that help users get their work done quickly and efficiently.
Workzone offers advanced reporting features that provide greater efficiency.
Features of Workzone:
- Dedicated workspaces and personalized To-do lists
- Project dashboard gives visibility across the organization
- Individual To-do lists focus each person on what needs to get done
- Share files stored in the cloud
- World-class customer support
Pricing is divided into a three-tier structure-
- Team ($24/month),
- Professional ($34/month),
- Enterprise ($44/month).
Trello is considered the best project management tool but has certain limitations. At the same time above listed Trello alternatives has a variety of advantages at a reasonable price.
Above listed Trello alternatives are the best available in the current market. All you have to do now is evaluate and choose the best option that fulfills all your requirements.