When it comes to living your best student life or work-life or being productive, well, it’s not an easy task. Especially when there are so many distractions, it becomes even tough. Whether you are an employee, student, or struggling to be productive while working from home, productivity apps can help you manage your schedules and tasks and keep you on track.
Productivity apps make your work and personal tasks much easier and more efficient to complete. Productivity apps help you reach your goals with better performance.
That’s why we have organized a list of the top 10 productivity apps that helps you become organized and boost your performance.
If you are wondering what kind of apps can help you become more productive, the list contains time management apps, calendar apps, note-taking apps, habit tracking, and many more.
Todoist is the top pick for productivity app. Todoist lets you write down tasks that you need to get done during the day and over the coming days and weeks. You can create projects and also nest them so that you can separate them into different categories.
You can create your personal list and sublists. It is very easy to get tasks into todoist. The most crucial feature of todoist is its natural language interpretation. So instead of typing tasks and then clicking a field to set the date, clicking the field to set the tag if you want, you can write these things all in the text field or even speak them.
So that you can easily get tasks into the app very easily and quickly and get them to where they need to be
- You can get a clear overview of everything and never lose track of tasks.
- With Todoist, you can surface the right tasks at the right times, so you always know exactly what to focus on next.
- From business tasks to grocery lists, divide your daily tasks into shared projects and get them done right away.
- Personalize your task views
- You can also simplify your workflow by connecting Todoist to your files, email, and calendar.
- It lets you set daily and weekly goals and visualize your productivity trends as well.
- With 10+ apps and plugins, you’ll be able to review your upcoming tasks.
- Cross-platform support that comes with effortless, reliable syncing
- Offers excellent features, such as natural language input and productivity reports
- Efficient interface
- Collaboration features
- Works offline
Cons of Todoist:
- A few important features not available to free use
Google calendar is the most renowned calendar application with Google workspace integration.
Google calendar provides various convenient access and has a variety of advanced features that aren’t available with physical calendars. Many users have switched to Google calendar for both personal and business use.
You can set up customized emails for you and your coworkers or employees. You can get access to more cloud storage, reserve conference rooms, and even set up shared calendars for your business use.
If you’re looking for a calendar application your personal or business use, Google calendar is one of the best to use. It is even more practical for those who use other Google apps and integrate workflows in digital calendars.
- It has relatively simple design
- It is robust when it comes to adding events and sharing your calendar.
- Easy to share particular calendar with other users
- The calendar is stored in the cloud, so changes made will be automatically updated on other devices
- Google Calendar integrates with workspace apps like Gmail or Google meet.
- You can also set an event to trigger a reminder email or push notification.
Pros of Google Calendar:
- It can be used by businesses, individuals, schools, and so on.
- Easy to navigate through
- Sharing, alerts, integrations, and simplicity.
- Excellent material design; their new update really makes the calendar app very polished. – smooth animations
- If you have Gmail, there is no other choice than to use Google Calendar. It primarily integrates well with Gmail and Google contacts.
Cons of Google Calendar:
- It can only be accessed by the internet access
- It can be difficult to read if it gains too many appointments
- Possibly allows others to see your activities
ClickUp is an all-in-one to-do list app and project management software. If you are working with a team or working on a big project, then ClickUp is the best choice for you.
ClickUp offers different features that make your work easier. It lets you create so many different levels of hierarchy if you are working on some gigantic projects. You can create specific projects, you can have lists within those projects, tasks themselves, and have lists of sub-tasks, and you can do a lot more as well.
You can assign multiple people to a specific task. You can set a specific deadline for the task. You can set the tasks according to their deadline. If you are working on multiple projects then, this app makes your work significantly easier.
- It lets you streamline projects and workflows with the proper steps.
- You can organize tasks, track changes and manage the entire team
- ClickUp lets you create schedules, organize calendars and track time
- It allows teams to assign and collaborate on tasks, share documents and view the progress
- It uses a list to manage priorities, a calendar view to check timelines, and Gantt Chart to view progress
Pros of ClickUp:
- It provides powerful tools for teams and solo users.
- It provides excellent visuals and information from its dashboard.
- ClickUp has a friend;y layout
- It can replace multiple software to manage different types of projects.
- It is customer-centric.
Cons of ClickUp:
- The learning curve is a bit high.
- UI needs some improvement
- Too many options for customization can sometimes be overwhelming
Notion is an all-in-one tool that provides project teams a platform to plan, write, collaborate, and organize. Notion offers a single solution; they take notes, add tasks, manage projects, and create reports.
Notion project management provides teams a workspace where you can build their own layout to plan, implement, and as well track your projects. You can choose from various tools like Kanban board, wikis, lists, tables, and calendars to customize workflows.
Above all, it offers a real-time collaboration that allows teams to assign and share tasks and also comment on them to provide contextual communication. Most project teams prefer Notion over other apps for its versatility and flexibility.
- It has a powerful wiki tool with a database.
- It lets you create various content such as the goals of the company, policies, engineering practices, all in one place.
- Lets you add different types of content, including lists and images.
- Notion offers various tools to plan, track, and update multiple projects and tasks in one platform.
- Notion lets add various types of content such as videos, code, bookmarks, or images.
- Notion app makes use of databases to track all content, including documents and notes.
- Notion also includes other features as adding custom keywords for tracking, adding teammates for collaboration, or setting due dates for project scheduling.
Pros of Notion:
- Notion is user-friendly
- It offers many options to access work anywhere.
- Information sharing is also simple
- A clutter-free interface with built-in customization
- Notion enables individuals and teams a way to organize work, tasks, and projects efficiently
- Wiki tool gives teams and organizations the flexibility to use Notion for more general and less complex projects.
- A single platform with multiple tools to get things done effectively and saves time.
Cons of Notion:
- It takes more time to set up for team collaboration.
- Search and navigation needs more improvement.
- Formatting of text does not work very well.
- Users are looking for additional features such as PDF and image annotation, encryption, or a public API.
Evernote is an application specially designed to take notes anywhere. Not only note-taking, it offers a variety of features like to-do lists, web pages, projects.
You can sync your notes across various devices, and you can access them anytime, anywhere. You can also clip web pages, images, and PDF files. There is an advanced search feature that allows you to find notes by title, keywords.
Web browser extension that is Evernote Web Clipper lets you capture full-page articles, images, selected text, essential emails, and any web pages that inspire you.
- You can sync across two devices.
- Clip web pages, images, PDF files.
- Search for text inside images.
- Easily share notes with friends and colleagues.
- You can add a passcode lock to the mobile app.
- Access notebooks offline from a desktop app.
Pros of Evernote:
- Evernote syncs your notes across all devices, and you can access them anytime, anywhere.
- You can organize notes by hierarchy.
- Advanced Search feature allows you to find notes by title, keywords, dates, or the kind of content they contain (audio, images, etc.) that saves your time.
- The formatting options in Evernote are endless.
- Evernote Web Clipper is a browser extension which lets you capture full-page articles, images, selected text, essential emails, and any web pages.
- It allows you to share notes and notebooks with other users.
Cons of Evernote:
- If your tasks are incisive, then Evernote might not be suitable.
- Evernote is especially for people who take detailed or extensive notes.
- Evernote is not for those who take short little notes.
Scrivener is a writing app for those who write long essays, articles, or who want to write a book. Scrivener takes tools familiar to writers everywhere and integrates them in new exciting ways offering different features.
It makes your writing process incredibly easy. It has an outline corkboard view where you can actually create different scenes or scenes ideas and reorder them or trash them. It’s great for planning process.
Scrivener lets you split your writing by default. It also has great export options, which lets you export files with ease. So if you want to export PDF or an EPUB or Kindle File, you can do that very easily from Scrivener.
- It unites everything you are writing.
- It lets you research and arrange long documents in a single place.
- You can print, export, or publish your writings.
- It lets you view documents side by side
- You can choose tools suitable for you.
Pros of Scrivener:
- Scrivener keeps all your projects in one place.
- Visualize your outline with a virtual corkboard.
- It offers a toggle split feature.
- You can combine multiple chapters in one document with just a click
- You can set your goals and as well track your progress
Cons of Scrivener:
- The learning curve is high.
- You have to manually enable spelling and grammar check
- Sometimes the program will freeze and takes time to backup.
Habitica is a habit tracking software to keep you on track and get things done on a schedule. With Habitica, you can have fun while accomplishing goals.
Habitica organizes your tasks and also has a to-do list which is a task list. You can set up a deadline for your to-dos and create sub-checklists under them. Habitica has a column that is Habits, which you want to do more (or less) of.
There is another column name Dailies which keeps track of the things that you want to get done every single day.
- You can create daily routines, tasks and even create w habits.
- It makes you productive through gamification.
- It motivates you by using your daily tasks and habits to build up characters, buy equipment.
Pros of Habitica:
- Simple but pleasant graphics draw you into the world
- A wide range of customization option that lets you build an avatar that reflects you
- The player-driven approach allows you to design a schedule catered to your specific lifestyle
Cons of Habitica:
- It offers less features for to-do lists than some of the more traditional time management apps
- System for adding to-dos can be unwieldy and less effective than regularly recurring activities
Toggl is a time tracking software that actively tracks the time you spend on specific tasks or projects. Toggl has a feature that will remind you to start time tracking.
By tracking the individual task, you can get a breakdown of exactly how you are spending your time each day. This then allows you to identify inefficiencies and make changes so that you can be more productive.
- The interface is simple and intuitive.
- Easy to use.
- It provides an effective way to track your time and improves your productivity.
- It is compatible with a wide range of applications.
- It sends daily, weekly or monthly emails with time tracking reports.
Pros of Toggl:
- It is an effective way to track time.
- It is also effective for project management
- It is easy to set up
- Sends time tracking report via email.
Cons of Toggl:
- Data integrations could be better
- Better hierarchy within projects
Slack is a social collaboration software platform. It is an application designed for communicating or collaborating with your team members.
It allows you to chat in real-time with your team, whether it is an office project or a school project. It lets you easily communicate with other team members. It allows you to direct message people, create specific group chats, or create channels that have specific topics. There are also lots of different integrations.
You also can embed Google Drive documents.
- Instant messaging with team members.
- Lets you upload and send files.
- You can create channels
- There is slack connect to communicate with other companies.
- Workflow builder lets you send custom forms, messages, and updates using action-based triggers.
Pros of Slack:
- Ease of use.
- Integrates with hundreds of third-party apps.
Cons of Slack:
- Video conference features could use improvement.
- Only 15 people can join call at a time.
- Can’t record video calls.
Google Drive is a cloud storage application where you can have access to all important working files on multiple devices. You can store files in the cloud without taking up space on your local computer.
Google Drive lets you create and share your work online and access your documents from anywhere. Manage documents, spreadsheets, presentations, surveys, and more all in one place.
- Offers 15GB of storage for free.
- Offers suite of Google apps within the drive.
- Share your documents and files with anyone.
Pros of Google Drive:
- Built-in Office applications
- Collaborate with others in real-time
- All files automatically save to the cloud
- You can edit the files, documents.
Cons of Google Drive:
- Potential security risks.
- Unpredictable third-party apps
- File size limits
The above mentioned apps can really help to be productive and keep you on track. Each of the above listed ten productivity apps will make you more efficient in some way.
We highly recommend you to investigate each of the app and see if they can assist you in being productive.