Marketing is essential for every business, whether big or small. You can create a marketing strategy for your business. There are tools that cover every element of marketing that will help you attain your goals.
There are quite a few marketing strategies like video marketing, choosing the best CRM software, maintaining your finance and invoicing in accounting software, and more; knowing what tools to get along with is crucial to move ahead.
Making it easier to choose the right marketing tools for you, we’ve compiled a list of 10 marketing tools for small businesses that are going to give you that competitive edge to get ahead.
Google Analytics is a completely free tool that provides valuable insights into who is visiting your site and how they are engaging with it.
It is best paired with Google Search Console – a free digital marketing tool that helps you to identify any problems on your website and optimize it for more traffic.
Some of the data that Google Analytics provide you include:
- The number of visitors to your website by day, week, month, or any other time
- Where these visitors are coming from, i.e., ads, referrals from other sites, organic search, social site, or direct.
- The keywords each people are using to find your site
- The demographics and interests of the users
- How long user spends on your site and the pages they visit
All this information is very vital that can help you to optimize your website and marketing campaigns.
Features of Google Analytics
- Campaign Measurement: Traffic
- Track your Goals: Website conversions & user activity
- Audience reports: Know your users
- Flow visualization: Follow every step
- Custom reports: Analytics data, made to order
HubSpot is a full-stack software that provides marketing, sales, and customer service tools to improve all aspects of your business. With HubSpot, you can get everything that you need to grow your business.
HubSpot also offers a range of free tools that helps small businesses with SEO optimization, social media marketing, and marketing automation.
You can send emails, set up lead capture forms and analytics reports for free. Additionally, you can schedule sales meetings, track emails, and live chat with users. You set up a help desk and ticketing system for the users on the freemium plan and then combine everything into the free CRM to get a full view of your customer.
Features of HubSpot
- Automate emails to send out every time when someone submits a form on your website.
- You can set up dashboards in HubSpot to quickly see your efforts.
- HubSpot has all the metrics in one place that helps you get deeper insights into how content is attributing to revenue streams.
- HubSpot hosts your website and your CRM as well.
- You can integrate forms with the Service Hub
- The Service Hub integrates with your CRM so that you can see the Service tickets that the contact has filled out.
SendPulse is constantly evolving and improving the functionality of existing marketing channels, and that adds different ways to communicate with your customers.
At present, SendPulse offers automated marketing emails, SMS, and web push notifications and also creates chatbots.
SendPulse also offers a landing page builder, an email verifier, and a free CRM for marketing and sales.
SendPulse includes a variety of channels to keep in touch with customers, an intuitive user dashboard that doesn’t require any technical skills, and a smart pricing policy where users can opt for solutions to match their budget that is best for small businesses.
Features of SendPulse
- Drag and drop email builder allows you to create professional email templates easily and quickly.
- You can create a unique subscription form using your corporate colors and styles
- With Automation 360, you can set up emails, chatbot messages, web push notifications.
- It provides statistics on opens and clicks so you can monitor the results
- It generates sending reports and delivery error reports.
MailChimp is an email marketing tool. MailChimp automates emails and creates campaign design a breeze. It is a simple tool, although some of its marketing automation features are limited.
Mailchimp is an ideal marketing tool if you’re just starting out or if you are running a small business. Mailchimp offers a basic service that is free until your list hits 2,000 subscribers. It provides the leading functionality you need without making managing your email marketing too complex.
Features of MailChimp
- Marketing Automation – Users can personalize their marketing strategy with robust automation to keep in touch with their customers
- Advanced Segmentation – With MailChimp, users can experiment with a variety of combinations to learn what’s best for their business.
- Performance Tracking – MailChimp lets users review every campaign reports after every sent email or monitor campaign engagement
- A/B Testing – MailChimp makes it possible to test which subject lines or delivery times work best with a few clicks.
- Audience insights – Mailchimp allows you to review audience insights
- CRM tools- MailChimp offers CRM tools to keep in touch with users
- Predictive insights
BuzzSumo is the content marketing tool that offers marketing tools to grow your business.
For successful content marketing, you need to research properly. With BuzzSumo, you can see content that is trending across social media sites based on searched topics. Following the search, you can analyze the results to see what’s so appealing about them and to get ideas of subjects to write about.
But BuzzSumo is more than just basic content research and viral posts.
Today, BuzzSumo offers digital marketing tools like:
- Keyword research
- Topic-based social media feeds
- Content analysis
- Brand monitoring tools
Features of BuzzSumo
- One of the powerful features that BuzzSumo provides is its most shared content report.
- BuzzSumo’s content analysis report helps you to understand the content types that gain the most traction.
- BuzzSumo reports the stories that are trending across social channels.
- BuzzSumo’s Twitter influencers report will help to find relevant Twitter users based on key data
- Set Up Real-Time Monitoring
SEMRush is an SEO tool that is used for keyword research, tracking the keyword strategy used by your competitors, backlinking, and many more. SEMRush is used by big and small businesses and trusted worldwide.
Some of the areas SEMRush tracks are the organic position of a domain or landing URL on Google’s SERP, competitor analysis, copies of AdWords ads and their position, CPC ads, and more.
You can take your ad campaigns to the next level by exploring PLA copies and the keywords that trigger them. Finally, you can also manage social media sites.
Features of SEMRush
- Discover the keywords to target and bring traffic to your website
- Audit your pages and gain ideas to improve SEO performance
- Increase your website traffic and improve performance by analyzing competitors’ strategies.
- Develop a strong content strategy with data-driven solutions
- Optimize your site for local searches and obtain more local customers
- Track daily changes of the target keywords in your targeted location
- Social media posting and insights
- Get opportunities to strengthen your backlink profile
Hootsuite is a central management platform for all your social media channels that allows you to schedule the posts in advance so you can get all your social media content for the coming weeks or months ready at once.
HootSuite also offers advanced reporting tools to see which of your social media campaigns are most effective and use the data to calculate ROI.
You can track mentions of your brand and manage responses as well, all in one dashboard.
Hootsuite provides tools for promoting your social media posts through the platform as well.
Features of HootSuite
- Create new posts and schedule to multiple social networks at the same time by using publishing features.
- Provides an overview of all of your social media channels and monitors your posts and messages all in one dashboard.
- View upcoming scheduled content, fill content gaps, and collaborate in real-time.
- Interact with many users from different networks in a single stream.
- Measures your performance across all the social networks and creates reports
Ahrefs is an SEO software tool that contains tools for keyword research, link building, rank tracking, competitor analysis, and site audits. Most of the features of Ahrefs are mostly designed for marketing professionals.
With Ahrefs, you can do analysis and see the keywords your competitors use to rank for organic search results, find the keywords ideas, access your backlink data instantly, find content relevant to your niche, keep track of your mobile and desktop keyword rankings.
With many quality links leading to your content, search engines will know how trustworthy and authoritative your website is. That’s why off-page backlink analysis is important for your digital marketing strategy.
Ahrefs now offers comprehensive tools for:
- Backlink profiles and Website analysis
- Keyword research
- Website auditing
- Rank tracking
- Content explorer
Features of Ahrefs
- Do keyword research for search engines
- Get total search traffic estimations
- See backlink growth or decline over time
- See keyword click distributions
- Analyze SERP history
- Uncover content gaps
- See ranking history
- Monitor outbound links
- Find link prospects with Content Explorer
- Get keyword ranking alerts
- Analyze internal backlinks
Lander is a landing page solution for small businesses. This platform has been helping users grow their business by offering an intuitive tool that allows them to design their own landing pages easily, regardless of any type of campaign they are launching.
Landing pages the most important tools for marketing whether you are running an online store or are using content marketing along with the email.
Lander provides an inexpensive, easy-to-implement landing page service with a clean and simple design. The page templates will help small businesses to enjoy a higher conversion rate.
Lander also enables you to run A/B tests on your landing pages, and the platform integrates easily with PayPal.
Features of Lander
- Email Integration
- Layouts And Templates
- Drag-And-Drop Visual Editor
- Auto Fill Forms
- AB Testing Tool
- Conversion Chart
Proof is a marketing tool that is designed to help you display your social proof on your website in the most efficient and convincing way possible. It’s very easy to use. All you have to do is just copy and paste their pixel onto your site page.
Once you paste the pixel, it integrates with your site and shows all your targeted customers:
- Social media posts
- Video testimonials
- Hot streak notifications
- Live Visitor counts
Additionally, you can get to know your customer’s demographics by looking at their Visitor ID information.
Features of Proof
- Build credibility with Hot Streaks.
- Build credibility with Live Visitor Count.
- Very easy to use
- Recent Activity shows a live feed of the people who have recently take action on your site.
- Change the timing, position, and display rules for each campaign.
- Send conversion events from your CMS via Zapier or a custom webhook.
To survive and grow in today’s competitive digital marketing landscape, you should be intuitive and persistent.
Apart from knowing the digital marketing tips, tricks, and strategies, you must learn and use a wide range of marketing tools to save time and make your work more effective and efficient.
Whether you’re developing a content marketing strategy or analyzing off-page backlinks or developing a content marketing strategy, these tools will help you focus on the aspects of your job that really matter.