Google Docs is a popular platform that allows you to create, edit, and share content and files with your team members. It is popular for producing spreadsheets and document files and sharing them with others.
It is one of the most widely used online tools offered by Google. It is being used widely to write content. It allows users to write content, share them with multiple users, add comments on work, insert images, and store securely by making folders and subfolders in Google Drive.
Here, you can create and edit web-based documents, spreadsheets, and presentations and store documents online and get access from any computer.
You can access Google Docs from your Google account and create content in a blank document for a single user.
It also works offline and allows you to share content once connected to the internet. Google Docs is a large competitor that offers many services to users without any cost. It is a widely adopted tool for businesses, organizations, and professionals for their daily use.
However, it provides many features, but people might be seeking its alternative for their business, and you can go through this article to know about its alternatives.
Thus here are the top six alternatives of google docs if you are seeking them for your business or organization.
Microsoft Office Online is one of the best alternatives to Google Docs. It is one of the most widely used documentation tools worldwide.
This app offers services such as a web-based version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote, along with several other tools. It allows you to get your content working on all devices with the same account.
Most people use Microsoft Office to write content online as it includes all necessary tools like Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Sheets.
Here, you can keep your teams connected through Microsoft Teams, no matter where they work.
It allows you to download Office files, PDFs, and even open document format and share them with others. These features make Microsoft Office Online a complete alternative to Google Docs.
Features of Microsoft Office Online
- Allows you to get your content working on all devices with the same account.
- Includes all necessary tools like Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Sheets.
- Updates are always included online, so downloads are not required.
- Reduces cost by working with a single vendor who can handle multiple capabilities.
- Provides end-to-end guidance from Microsoft engineers and partners throughout your deployment and migration.
Pricing of Microsoft Office Online
- Microsoft 365 business basic plan costs £3.80 per user per month.
- Microsoft 365 business-standard plan costs £9.40 per user per month.
- Microsoft 365 business premium plan costs £15.10 per user per month.
- Microsoft 365 Apps costs £7.90 per user per month.
Collabora is a productivity app that makes it easier to get online and become productive in many forms. It provides you with powerful on-premise office suites for online and desktop solutions.
The app is available with server and cloud-based options that help you work within many platforms.
It also enables you to access documents, author new content, and work collaboratively with your team members.
Here, you can customize the user interface in many forms and use as much content on the site as necessary for your efforts. An editing toolbar will help you handle your work and get your content approved.
The app has customizable integration and a flexible user interface. It allows you to have collaborative editing and provides excellent support for the office file format.
It allows you to add comments for your work to help you make your planning successful and achieve your goal.
Features of Collabora
- Easy deployment with up-to-date documentation.
- Provides you with powerful on-premise office suites for both online and desktop solutions.
- Enables you to access documents, author new content and work collaboratively.
- Has customizable integration and flexible user interface.
- Allows you to have collaborative editing and excellent office file format support.
Pricing of Collabora
- It costs 17 euros per user per year.
Dropbox is an alternative to google docs that helps you create, edit, and share files easily and securely with your team. It is a smart and seamless platform to optimize your existing workflow.
It helps to centralize your team content by allowing you to create, store, and share cloud content from Google docs, Sheets, and Slides and store them in one place securely.
It uses a paper as a document editing tool that is easy to support and utilize. It can make your work effective by allowing you to create to-do lists within your work.
The app easily accesses your team’s work from your computer, mobile device, or web browser and lets you collaborate work, share content, and edit them with your team.
Dropbox stores copies of all deleted files and folders and provides backup for 30 days. It has a range of cloud storage solutions that will offer you the right amount of unlimited online storage.
It keeps your team’s files and the conversations about them in the same place by connecting tools such as Slack and Zoom. Similarly, the app allows you to share feedback and annotate directly on files without installing software.
Features of Dropbox
- Allows you to share files easily with your team.
- Has a range of cloud storage solutions that will offer you the right amount of unlimited online storage.
- Stores copies of all deleted files and folders for 30 days.
- Helps you to collaborate, edit, and share content with team members.
- Allows you to share feedback and annotate directly on files that do not require installing any software.
Pricing of Dropbox
It offers different pricing plans.
- The plus plan costs $9.99 per user per month.
- The family plan costs $16.99 per user per month.
- The professional plan costs $16.58 per month.
- The standard plan costs $12.50 per user per month.
- The advanced plan costs $20 per user per month.
Coda is an all-in-one doc that can be used to alternative Google Docs. Teams that use this app get rid of hundreds of documents spreadsheets and work quickly and clearly in one place.
Tracking the project and its details helps make your team productive no matter where they are working from.
The app has a similar interface to what you would get in Microsoft Office apps such as Spreadsheet, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Features of Coda
- Helps you to stay online and keep your data under control.
- Makes automation available through IFTTT format.
- Tracks the project to make your team productive.
- Helps you to bring all of your words and data into one flexible surface.
- Has a similar interface to what you would get out in Microsoft Office applications.
Pricing of Coda
It offers 4 different pricing plans.
- The free version is free for the whole team.
- The pro plan costs $10 per month.
- The team plan costs $30 per month.
- The enterprise plan has custom pricing.
Zoho Docs is an online file management tool for teams and individuals. It is one of the productivity apps that help you create a document, spreadsheet, and presentation.
Here, the user interface doesn’t look like google docs but offers more options for importing documents from one cloud service such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive.
The app allows you to upload files individually and select and save multiple files from organizing them within one place.
You can create folders and subfolders inside it and categorize the files by project name and file type.
Zoho helps manage and delegate work among team members and allows you to set reminders and notifications to get work done before the deadline.
It provides security using two-factor authentication and keeps multiple copies of your file on multiple backups.
It has unlimited file recovery, and you can retrieve and restore every single file in your organization even if it is deleted.
Features of Zoho Docs
- Allows you to store and manage files securely.
- Users can create, upload, and share files of different formats without installing any software.
- Allow you to store and share your files and images with friends and colleagues.
- Users can create folders and subfolders to categorize their files by project and file type.
- Allow you to send documents from your email or scanner directly to your cloud account without signing in.
Pricing of Zoho Docs
It offers different pricing plans.
- It is always free for teams of up to 5 users.
- The standard plan costs $4 per user per month.
- The premium plan costs $6.4 per user per month.
Onlyoffice is an online tool that allows you to create, edit, and collaborate on documents with your team members from anywhere at any time.
It is fully compatible with Microsoft office formats of all styles. The app provides fast and professional assistance for all technical and functional issues through the community forum.
It provides multiple features to build Gantt charts, generate reports, track time to analyze your team’s productivity and make changes to your work in a few clicks.
It also allows you to create a project, prioritize tasks, and set deadlines for completing the project.
You can also add pictures, videos, and other rich media and produce a chart, automatic shape, text art, etc., in your content.
You can add a comment in your work directly through content and review the content. It allows you to move and share your content with your team members within a moment. A text translator feature allows you to work with other different languages.
Features of OnlyOffice
- Allows you to create, edit, and collaborate on documents anywhere at any time.
- Provides fast and professional assistance for all technical and functional issues via the community forum.
- Allow you to create a project, prioritize tasks, and set deadlines for completing the project.
- Users can build Gantt charts, generate reports, track time to analyze their team’s productivity, and make changes in a few clicks.
- Allows you to add a comment to your work directly through the content.
Pricing of OnlyOffice
- A one-month subscription plan costs $5 per user per month.
- A one-year subscription plan costs $3 per user per month.
- A three-year subscription plan costs $2 per user per month.
If you seek alternatives to Google Docs, you can use the above apps. You can find many tools that can provide similar features to Google Docs, but some services might cost extra for you to utilize.
Like Google Docs, the apps mentioned above provide you with great features free of cost. So you can see all the alternatives, review their pricing, and use them for your daily purpose. Thus, you can use any of them based on simplicity and cost.
If you have any questions regarding the above app, please feel free to ask in the comment section below.