Zoom is a cloud-based communication tool for the management of the business. It helps to keep your team members in contact with each other.
It is popular worldwide and widely used as a communication tool for remote working employees. Using this app, you can stay connected with your team member wherever you go or work from.
Zoom provides many features for your team. It helps in audio and video conferencing and allows you to invite your team members to up to 100 people at a time.
You can install the app for free, clock on to new meetings, and invite your team members to meet through a link. You can use it on any iPad, Android, iPhone, Windows, Mac, etc.
As it is a cloud-based video conferencing tool, it provides you with the best 24/7 global support experience while using. The tool lets you host virtual one-to-one or team meetings easily at any time from anywhere.
The features of zoom include:
- Provides High-Quality Audio and video conferences.
- Allows you to share the screen during the meeting.
- Helps in recording the meeting.
- Helps in collaboration of the project.
Although zoom has many features, it doesn’t provide some essential features for your business, and you can view some alternatives to zoom.
Thus, here are a few alternatives to Zoom that you can use for managing your business effectively.
Google Meet is a communication platform that allows users to stay in touch with team members and clients worldwide.
It allows you to communicate with your team members in HD calls with 250 participants.
The app is applicable for businesses, from small to large. You can share files, links, and text messages with your team members using this app.
You can use Google Meet can be used across all devices as it comes as a Chrome extension. It can sync with other Google applications and allows you to present, collaborate, and live stream meetings to 100,000 viewers at a time using its enterprise plan.
Here, you can record meetings and save them in Google Drive or Google Calendar as an event. You can install the app on any device and use it free if you have limited team members.
Moreover, it allows you to invite team members to sessions directly from the Google Calendar via Email after creating the event.
It is secure as no one can join the meeting without invitation and also allows you to remove participants if they are not part of a team or the project.
Available on: Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Web, Chrome Extension.
Features of Google Meet
- Allows you the adjustable layouts and screen setting.
- You can pin, mute, and remove participants if necessary.
- Allows you to share files, links, and text messages with your team members.
- Allows you to record meetings and save them in Google Drive.
- Provides integrations with Google and Microsoft Office apps.
Pricing of Google Meet
- It is always free to use.
- The Google workspace essentials cost $8 per active user per month.
- The enterprise plan has custom pricing.
Jitsi is a communication platform that helps to manage businesses of all sizes. It is free, open-source video conferencing software for the web and mobile. The app allows you to see call history and provides missed call notifications.
One of the best features of this app is it allows multiple participants to share their screens simultaneously. It provides security for transferring files and documents with your team members.
Here, the instant messaging feature allows you one-to-one or group chat and to discuss the project individually. It provides unlimited free meeting access for up to 50 participants at a time.
You can connect your calendar to view all your meetings, add this app to your calendar, and start them with a single click.
Available on: Android, iOS, Windows, Desktop, web.
Features of Jitsi
- Has master password for password protection.
- Provides free audio and video conference for remote working employees.
- Instant messaging feature allows one-to-one or group chat.
- Helps to transfer files with your team members securely.
- Provides unlimited free meeting access for up to 50 participants at a time.
Pricing of Jitsi
- Jitsi is always free to use.
GoToMeeting is a web-based video conferencing tool for one-to-one or group meetings. It is a platform for virtually managing web meetings and joining, hosting, and managing web meetings. The app works on all digital devices such as PC, Mac, iPhone, and other mobile phones.
One of these apps’ best features is it provides a call me feature where users get an automatic notification with a call when a scheduled meeting is about to start.
The app also lets you join meetings via phonecall without any code or PIN in an offline mode.
Here, you can hand over your entire keyboard and mouse control to another speaker or participant during the meeting if you have any urgent task.
It has a virtual whiteboard and drawing tools that help you write and draw if the participants get confused on any topic.
Similarly, it has a cloud-based meeting recording and transcription feature. It has a voice command feature for iOS users to join a meeting instantly by asking Siri.
Available on: Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Web.
Features of GoToMeeting
- Helps in video and audio conference.
- Has a cloud-based meeting recording and transcription.
- Provides virtual whiteboard and drawing tools.
- Offers optional security features like SAML SSO login.
- Has a split-screen feature to see both participants and what is present on the screen.
Pricing of GoToMeeting
It offers three different pricing plans:
- The professional plan costs $12 per month.
- The business plan costs $16 per month.
- The enterprise plan has custom pricing.
Skype is a popular communication tool used for collaborating and video conferencing with your team members.
The app makes it easier to stay connected with friends, family, and colleagues globally. It also helps you identify if a user is available or inactive or in a conference call.
It helps in collaboration among business partners and co-workers throughout the world. It also offers unlimited calls and chats and shares your screen during the meeting. You can download skype on any device such as iOS, Mac, Android, Desktop, and so on.
Using Skype, you can instantly send voice and text messages, share files, video and audio conferences, and share screens.
Available on: Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Desktop.
Features of Skype
- Allow you to create a video conference with team members with a single click.
- Allows you to share your screen during the meeting.
- Provides instant messaging and file sharing features.
- Helps in collaboration among business partners and co-workers.
- Makes it easier to stay connected with friends, family, and colleagues globally.
Pricing of Skype
- Skype is free to use. The subscription plan starts with $2.99 per user per month if you want to call on a cell phone or landline with friends or business partners in other countries.
Microsoft Teams is a video conferencing tool that helps you to host meetings, send messages audio calls, and share documents in one place. You can install the app on your device and use it free if you have limited team members.
It provides different communication channels for individual or group communication and conducting virtual meetings from anywhere.
The app is more applicable for medium to large-sized businesses with more employees. With the most advanced plan, you can include up to 10,000 participants at one time at the conference.
It is a multi-platform that enables users to get high-quality audio, video, and share screen along with AI assistance. The app has multiple collaboration features, including email invitations, digital whiteboards, etc.
Available on: Android, iOS, Linux, Web, Mac.
Features of Microsoft Teams
- Helps in video conferencing and virtual meetings.
- Provides different communication channels to have individual or group communication.
- Allows you to share the screen during meetings.
- Tracks the attendance of the participants automatically.
- Provide direct access to email, Skype, OneDrive, and SharePoint.
Pricing of Microsoft Teams
- It provides a free plan for the teams having limited team members.
- Microsoft 365 Business basic plan costs $5 per user per month billed annually.
- Microsoft 365 Business standard plan costs $12.50 per user per month billed annually.
- Office 365 E3 plan costs $20 per user per month billed annually.
Eyeson is a video conferencing and collaboration platform that allows you to conduct virtual meetings directly from your browser.
It allows you to create unlimited meeting rooms using a subscription package for different meetings and host up to 25 participants per call with a single click.
There is a multi-speaker layout that helps you to see up to 9 attendees within one video conference. The app provides a screen and file sharing option that helps you share your files with your team members.
Once you start meeting, you can share the meeting link with your attendees through WhatsApp, Gmail, and other platforms. Attendees don’t need to download any software to join the meeting; they can directly join through a link.
It has a high bandwidth that stays at 15Mbit per second provides the same quality on any internet speed.
You can host a meeting in Eco mode, where it automatically turns off the video and helps you listen only to audio to save bandwidth.
Available on: Android, iOS, Desktop.
Features of Eyeson
- Allows you to communicate with your team members via video and audio conference.
- Provides screen and file sharing option.
- Allows you to record the meeting and download them on your device.
- Take snapshots during video conference for future reference.
- Provides a complete overview of your call history.
Pricing of Eyeson
- The basic plan costs $9 per user per month.
- The enterprise plan has custom pricing.
In final words, although zoom provides many more features essential to manage a business, people seek its alternatives.
One drawback of zoom is that it automatically ends the meeting every 40 minutes, and you need to host the new meeting again.
Therefore, people use their alternatives to virtually stay connected with their team members and collaborate to stay productive.
You can use any alternatives for your business and manage your remote employees, no matter where they work. You can ask any queries regarding the above apps in the comment section below.