Are you looking for the best video hosting sites for your blogs, marketing, and business websites?
Sharing videos directly to your website requires a lot of server resources. That’s why many business owners use different video hosting sites to upload videos and embed those videos in WordPress for effective performance.
Why use video hosting sites?
Videos are considered the most engaging form of content, and they are highly effective for conversions.
However, they also take a lot of space and bandwidth, and everything on the network slows down. A video can put too much load on the server with minimum traffic.
A regular webpage with images may be less than a couple of megabytes, while a single 720p video generally is over 100 megabytes, which is a significant load.
So just ten visitors watching one minute of video require one gigabyte of server bandwidth. You could get more than a thousand visitors to a text and image-based page for the same bandwidth.
Since web hosting plans restrict bandwidth, just a single video can exceed your limits within a few days. That’s why using a third-party video platform is best.
That being said, let’s take a look at a list of the best video hosting sites that you can use:
As we all know, YouTube is the most popular video hosting website on the internet so far. Youtube allows you to upload quality videos, create channels, and build a following, making it easier to promote videos to a broad audience.
As a marketer and business owner, you would want to make the most of YouTube’s huge potential.
It is the world’s second most popular search engine and the second biggest social media website.
You can build a YouTube by creating your channel, reaching audiences, posting quality content on your channel, getting featured in video search results, and growing your business.
YouTube has a Partners Program that you can join and earn money online from videos you’ve created.
This program also offers you more features like analytics, longer videos, and video editing tools.
Features of YouTube:
- Upload quality videos
- Can easily promote videos to a broad audience
- Easily embed videos on your website
- High-quality live streaming
- Unlimited cloud storage
- Ability to upload single 128GB video files
Pros of YouTube:
- Free unlimited cloud storage for your video files
- Industry-leading audience-building opportunities through YouTube search, recommendations, and subscriptions.
- Private and unlisted options, the videos are removed from the public.
- Easy to embed videos by using custom generated iframe codes.
Cons of Youtube:
- Offers basic embedding options.
- Ads will play consequently, even on commercial content embedded on your website.
- Recommended videos appear at the end of every video
- No download options without a third-party service.
- Potential copyright issues when following fair use rules.
Vimeo is an excellent video hosting and streaming site for marketers, businesses, and bloggers.
Vimeo offers you a limited hosting space to upload videos. However, unlimited bandwidth and ad-free display are the key benefits for all videos.
It is a video hosting site aimed at professionals. Vimeo has a section to watch videos arranged by humans, not algorithms, and a particular audience.
Vimeo is deliberate for professional use. No ads and personalized video embeds make it the perfect choice for website owners who are willing to include a video on their landing page.
The embedded video player is smooth, fast, and doesn’t include ads or forced recommendations. You can choose between a response or fixed size and toggle autoplay or loops.
Features of Vimeo:
- Host your videos in high quality
- Easily organize, share, and make bulk changes to every video
- Flexible storage options
- Easily upload from any device
- Manage speed controls
- No ads
Pros of Vimeo:
- No ads.
- Discreet, customizable video embeds.
- Create professional social media videos with Vimeo Create.
- Advertise your creative services on the platform.
- Can enable video downloads.
Cons of Vimeo:
- Low upload limits with free accounts.
- Narrow audience.
Dailymotion is another popular video hosting site that you can use to upload your marketing and business videos.
It has a free partner account that offers unlimited bandwidth and storage, video player, privacy settings, featured videos, and more.
It permits you to upload several videos in a day, and you can also utilize the drag and drop feature to upload complete playlists.
You can effortlessly optimize your videos for SEO by adding the title, description, and tags.
Dailymotion also recommends a monetization program to earn money online and get more features as a partner.
Features of Dailymotion:
- Can change privacy settings
- Unlimited storage and bandwidth.
- Easily optimize videos by adding title, description, and tags
Pros of Dailymotion:
- Free unlimited video hosting.
- Option to make videos private and even password-protected.
- Some opportunities for audience building with less competition.
Cons of Dailymotion:
- Smaller total audience than YouTube.
- Smaller max file sizes.
- Cannot download your videos without a third-party service.
- Ads automatically play before, during, and after videos.
Jetpack is an admired plugin suite that also offers a video hosting feature. Jetpack video is a premium video hosting service and requires a paid Jetpack subscription plan.
It is ad-free and does not show related videos from different websites on your videos.
It uses the content delivery network for faster delivery and streaming experience. It also includes many features such as privacy settings, analytics, multiple video formats, and more.
Features of Jetpack video:
- High-speed, high-quality, ad-free, and unbranded video player
- Unlimited video storage
- Privacy settings
- Offers multiple video formats
- Fully optimized for WordPress and mobile devices
- Consolidates directly with your post editor and media library
Pros of Jetpack video:
- Unbranded, customizable embedded video player.
- Unlimited video hosting.
- Video stats inside your WordPress dashboard.
Cons of Jetpack video:
- Lacks the up-to-date features of other premium video hosting services.
- No established audience to tap into.
Wistia is a professional video hosting platform for marketers and businesses. Wistia offers customized thumbnails, Wistia branded video player, password protection, privacy settings, and more.
The free account has a limit of three videos. To upload more videos, you’ll need their premium plan. It also comes with viewer history, trend graphs, related videos, and annotations.
Features of Wistia:
- Advanced Analytics, including identity tracking and engagement
- Batch Upload and bulk management settings
- Hosted video playback pages with commenting & moderation
- Integrations with marketing automation and CRM platforms
- Customize the video player with templates and widgets
Pros of Wistia:
- No ads.
- 100% customizable embed player.
- Highlight other videos from your channel.
- Create custom audiences for Facebook/Instagram.
- Capture leads from within the video.
- Custom branding.
- CRM integrations.
Cons of Wistia:
- No inherent audience.
Facebook is the most popular social media platform. Over the past couple of years, Facebook has been steadily expanding its interest in video.
You can host your videos on Facebook for free, and you will also gain access to a basic analytics dashboard.
Facebook is the only platform compared with YouTube in audience size. In fact, with 2.45 billion monthly active users, it has a broad audience.
Features of Facebook:
- Most popular social media platform.
- Upload, share videos
- Access to basic analytics
- Broad audience
Pros of Facebook:
- Unlimited free video hosting.
- Share videos directly on Facebook.
- Build a broad audience on the largest social media platform.
Cons of Facebook:
- Ads automatically play on all videos.
- Very basic branded embedded player options.
- Lower video quality cap than other options.
Vidyard is a high-end video hosting site for business professionals. It includes premium content marketing tools to promote your videos to a larger audience.
It comes with various video player styles and custom editing options. You can upload videos with call-to-action buttons and perform an A/B test against video thumbnails to see which one works best for you.
Vidyard offers detailed analytics to improve your videos, including viewer history, engagement, and more.
Their main focus is increasing the value of your video, increasing conversions, engagement, and so on.
Features of Vidyard:
- Hosting and analytics.
- Interactive calls-to-action
- A/B thumbnail split-testing
- Share videos
- Automatic transcriptions
- CRM Integrations
- Marketing automation integrations
Pros of Vidyard:
- Easy to edit videos
- Excellent customer support
- Offers detailed analytics and engagement
- Easy hosting
- Speed, efficiency, and reliability
Cons of Vidyard:
- Web interface usability is incompetent
- The web interface is not as intuitive
- Limited website embeds.
SproutVideo is another video hosting platform designed for businesses, professionals, and marketers.
It offers sharing and collaboration tools and guides capture forms, audience building, and up-to-date video analytics.
SproutVideo is a paid video hosting site designed for bloggers, marketers, and businesses. It offers a free trial account to test the video player and go through its features.
The free version has limited options, and you’ll have to upgrade to access all the settings.
Some of the remarkable features of SproutVideo include layouts, video themes, video analytics, call-to-action placement, social sharing buttons, and viewer engagement history.
Features of SproutVideo:
- Catch viewer attention with in-player CTAs.
- Grow your list with video lead capture tools.
- Direct engaged traffic with post-play screens.
- Improve your search rank with easy video SEO.
- Increase CTR with email embed codes
Pros of SproutVideo:
- Capture leads from within the video.
- Get deeper insights with advanced video analytics.
- Keep track of edits with audit logs.
- Role-based permissions.
- Design unlimited unique video players.
- Custom playlists.
Cons of SproutVideo:
- No platform audience.
Brightcove is a video hosting solution for enterprises focused on integration with other marketing automation tools and server-side ad insertion.
Brightcove is truly an enterprise solution that helps your organization integrate video in your marketing and communications at scale.
It offers advanced server-side ad insertion that integrates with major DSP solutions.
Brightcove plans are broken down into uses rather than prices. There’s one for marketing, one for enterprise use, and one for monetization.
Features of Brightcove:
- Viewer-facing video portals for displaying content
- Advanced video analytics.
- Reliable content delivery.
- Gold-standard video security
- Linear live streaming
Pros of Brightcove:
- Manage and sell your own video ad inventory.
- Live stream directly to your website/app.
- Enterprise-friendly content management system.
- Advanced marketing automation integrations.
Formerly known as vooPlayer, Spotlightr is a comprehensive all-in-one video hosting solution with advanced analytics and a set of video marketing tools that helps you grow with video.
It offers advanced video insights, helps you populate custom audiences, and collects leads.
Spotlightr provides an all-in-one solution to integrate video marketing into your marketing and sales efforts.
Feature of Spotlightr:
- Hosting and video playback.
- Embedding and sharing.
- Player customization.
- Video marketing.
- Marketing automation.
Pros of Spotlightr:
- No ads.
- Customizable branding.
- Full control over the embedded video player.
- Advanced video analytics and heatmaps.
- Capture leads with lead capture gates.
- Get paid for video views with pay-per-view gates.
- Arrange contests through video.
- Builds audience that integrates with Google, Facebook & Instagram ads.
Cons of Spotlightr: