The best way for remote working organizations to scale up productivity is by having better communication with their employees.
An organization can increase by about 25% of productivity by having better communication with their employees.
Communication plays an important role for every organization to stay connected with their team members and engage them productively in each task.
Employees often feel isolated when they work without communicating with their colleagues or team members and become unproductive.
So, as a manager, you need to use the best team communication tools to scale up the productivity of your remote employees.
When you become part of a team that does not communicate, it might lead to inefficient workflows, misunderstanding, and disagreement among the team members, and the team becomes unproductivity.
With the development of technology, different tools are invented to improve communication strategy that provides different features such as task management, one-to-one or group chat, sharing documents and collaboration, audio and video conferencing, and enhancing teams to work together virtually to stay productive.
As a manager, you can follow different ways to scale up your team’s productivity to gather regular feedback, assign tasks by recognizing the skills and knowledge of employees, hold fun team-building activities, and have regular meetings that can improve communication and productivity of remote team members.
Here are the best team communication tools with different features that you can use in your organization to boost your team’s productivity.
Best Team Communication Tools to Scale Up Productivity
Slack is an instant messaging and communication platform that helps you speed up communication and get your work done securely with your team members.
It helps to boost productivity by building a stronger relationship with external partners through different channels.
Slack is popular and used by many small to large organizations worldwide to manage their team members and projects.
The app provides the features you need in team communication tools that include audio and video calls, instant messaging, file sharing, and screen-sharing with your team members no matter where they work from.
Here, you can create a communication channel, invite your team members to discuss and collaborate on the project, and leave the channel as required.
Using slack, you can share projects with trusted companies and remote team members. It is highly secure with data encryption, and a small team can use this app for free. It provides integration with more than 1500 tools.
Available on: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, Web.
Features of Slack
- Helps in communication and collaboration with your team members.
- Allow you to create a new communication channel.
- Has a customizable sidebar and themes.
- Slackbot feature that reminds you about the task and messages.
- Integrates with more than 1500 other tools.
Pricing of Slack
It has 3 different pricing plans.
- The standard plan costs $6.67 per user per month, billed annually.
- The plus plan costs $12.50 per user per month, billed annually.
- The enterprise plan has custom pricing; you can contact the vendor for its pricing details.
Microsoft Teams is one of the chat-based collaboration platforms that help scale up your team’s productivity by creating a shared workspace.
The app is beneficial for remote working companies as it provides many useful features for business communication.
It is easy to set up and use at an affordable cost. It is extremely user-friendly and can facilitate a work environment between remote workers or any small or large business.
One of the best features of this app is the GIF icon that is best used for informal dialogue with colleagues.
You can have a group chat, online meetings, video and audio conferences, and web conferencing with Microsoft Teams.
Using this app, you can complete your work in real-time with your colleagues virtually by collaborating on the project.
You can also share a screen with your team members during meetings or seminars and record the meeting for further use.
Available on: Windows, Mac, iOS, Web, Android.
Features of Microsoft Teams
- Allows you to have an online video conferencing with team members.
- Provides direct access to Email, Skype, OneDrive, and many more.
- Allows the team to collaborate on any document virtually.
- Allows you to make and receive calls directly and have one-to-one or group chat with team members.
- Integrates fully with Office 365 and other business apps.
Pricing of Microsoft Teams
- The business basic plan costs $5 per user per month.
- The business standard plan costs $12.50 per user per month.
- The office 3665 E3 plan costs $20 per user per month.
Skype for business is one of Microsoft’s popular instant messaging and video telephony apps to enhance productivity and get maximum output.
It helps create video conferences with your team members with a single click. You can use this app on any platform, such as Android, iOS, Tablet, Desktop, etc., and have effective communication with your team members.
The app lets you add up to 250 people to virtual meetings and provides enterprise-grade security.
Mainly, it is a communication platform for remote employees to have high-quality audio and video conferences with their team members.
It allows you to send and receive text messages with your team members in real-time. You can schedule meetings from skype and invite your team members to the meeting to discuss a project.
You can also share the screen with your team members during the meeting and collaborate on the project to record meetings for future use.
Available on: Windows, Android, iOS, Web.
Features of Skype
- Helps to increase productivity by providing high-quality audio and video conferencing.
- Allows you to send and receive text messages with your team members in real-time.
- Allows you to send voicemail to other Skype users.
- Has a call recording feature for future use.
- Allow you to have a private and secure conversation with your teammates.
Pricing of Skype
Skype is usually free to use.
- The subscription starts at $2.99 per month if you want premium features like voice mailing, SMS texts, and making calls to a landline.
Brosix is also one of the best team communication tools that help increase team collaboration and make remote employees feel like working in the office.
The app helps you improve productivity and efficiency and decrease your business’s expenses by providing you with multiple chat features. It is one of the secure and private communication channels built for businesses, groups, and remote workers.
Using this app, you can collaborate with colleagues and clients in real-time. It is a secure communication platform for businesses that provides end-to-end encrypted channels to text your team members.
Along with the instant chat feature, it tracks all the user activity logs and helps to boost productivity.
It can broadcast messages to targeted audiences. Here, you can share or transfer files of any size with your clients or team members.
It also provides an instant screenshot of employees’ computer usage activity and helps determine the productive and unproductive employees.
Available on: Android, Web, iOS, Linux, Windows.
Features of Brosix
- Provides end-to-end encrypted communication channels.
- Tracks all the user activity logs.
- Provides a whiteboard for having virtual conferences online.
- Has an ability to broadcast messages to targeted audiences.
- Allows you to transfer unlimited sized files.
Pricing of Brosix
- The startup plan is free to use.
- The business plan costs $4 per user per month.
- The premium plan costs $6 per user per month.
Proofhub is a time tracking and project planning software that provides every feature that your teams need to get the work done faster and stay productive all the time.
It is easy to understand and uses a project management solution to manage your project, clients, and remote teams. It tracks time in real-time and helps to scale up your team’s productivity.
Proofhub helps the team organize and track a project’s status no matter how complex it is and allows team members to collaborate while they are working on it.
It helps you deliver the project to the clients on time and automatically notify them when your project deadline is near. It also has an unlimited storage capacity and stores documents of all sizes.
The app integrates third-party apps like Dropbox, Google Drive, Freshbooks, Google Calendar, and more.
Available on: Android, iOS, Web.
Features of ProofHub
- Tracks time by the project in real-time and helps to scale up production.
- Has an unlimited document storage capacity.
- Allows you to set and change project templates.
- Delivers the project on time by providing automatic notification.
- Provides integration with third-party apps like Dropbox, Google Drive, Freshbooks, Google Calendar, and more.
Pricing of ProofHub
- It costs $89 per month for an unlimited project.
- It costs $45 per month for up to 40 projects.
Chanty is an easy-to-use communication and collaboration tool designed for remote working teams to get more things done together and faster.
It is an all-in-one team collaboration tool with a complete message history and other essential features to make your team productive.
Here, you can combine communication, project management, and automation to help your teams work together more effectively and productively.
It helps boost communication and team productivity and is used by all teams and organizations from small to large.
It has a team book that can organize tasks, messages, links, and files of your team in one place. The app allows one-to-one and public chats using different communication channels securely.
Chanty has other effective team communication features that include audio and video conference, screen sharing, file sharing, organizing tasks and conversation, and many more.
Available on: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Web.
Features of Chanty
- Allows one-to-one or private and public chat using different channels.
- Has a team book that organizes tasks, messages, links, and files.
- Tracks all the tasks and messages of the user in real-time.
- Offers AI-powered tools to manage search and suggestions.
- Provides automated workflow through integrations with Trello and Zapier.
Pricing of Chanty
It offers a different pricing plan.
- It is free for a team of up to 10 members.
- The business plan costs $3 per user per month.
In final words, the productivity of organizations and teams depends on how strategic team communication tools they use. Effective team communication tools are essential for companies using a remote workforce.
Remote employees might become isolated and do not speed up their work, becoming unproductive when you do not provide the necessary feedback and guidelines from time to time using team communication tools.
Which team communication tools are you using to scale up your team’s productivity? Please let us know in the comment section below.