Slack is a communication and collaboration platform used by many organizations worldwide to communicate with team members effectively. It is used by small to large organizations to manage their business communication.
It brings team members together in a single channel and allows them to collaborate by planning, organizing, and sharing work progress.
It is one of the popular tools that allows you to create private and public channels, add team members to the channel, work collaboratively, and leave the channel.
The app allows you to share projects with trusted companies and remote team memes.
You can have audio and video conferences, share files, share screens, and provide security with data encryption. It has a two-factor authentication feature that provides high security to your data.
It is available in eight languages and used by more than 750000 companies, including renowned companies like Target, Uber, Vodaphone, Oracle, etc.
Although slack provides many features, it has drawbacks like limited storage, i.e., 10 GB per member.
Also, the message automatically disappears after a few days. The video quality also needs some improvement. So people seek its alternative.
Here are a few alternatives to slack that help you collaborate with your team members through different channels.
Fleep is a communication tool that can be used as an alternative to slack. It works along with multiple teams and organizations like slack.
It is a chat platform for an open and dynamic team. It improves the communication of your team and makes your team more productive.
The app has a chat messaging feature to send instant messages to your team members.
You can use fleep in a web browser or its native apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android. It also allows you to have an audio and video conference with your team members.
It provides a screen-sharing option during conferences or meetings. Fleep offers a discussion board that makes it easy to collaborate on the project with your team members.
Features of Fleep
- Provides a discussion board for effective collaboration.
- Has a chat messaging feature that allows you to send instant messages to your team members.
- Provides a screen sharing option during conferences or meetings.
- Allows you to have an audio and video conference with your team members.
- Provides an automatic notification of the message and call.
Pricing of fleep
- The basic plan is free to use.
- The business plan costs €5 per user per month billed annually.
- The enterprise plan has custom pricing.
Hive is a team collaboration tool for making your team productive. It allows you to plan projects, track work, and execute flawless campaigns with a centralized platform.
It utilizes flexible analytics to track work progress and proactively spot risks. The app is applicable for companies with a remote workforce to have a collaborative work environment.
You can get access to your hive workspace without opening any browser from your desktop apps, and it provides faster performance.
It allows you to have flexible project views that include Gantt charts, Kanban boards, calendar, portfolio, and the platform’s customization throughout your team.
Hive access to all the information needed to complete your task by working collaboratively with team members across your organization.
Similarly, using hive, you can quickly access every information to complete a task by assigning the important task to team members, attaching files, and creating subactions.
It also allows you to comment on the card to flag any potential issues, communicate on task transfer, and attach necessary files.
Features of hive
- Allow you to plan projects, track work, and execute flawless campaigns with a centralized platform.
- Allows you to bring all data, tasks, projects, and coworkers together.
- Helps to access all of the information needed to complete the task by working collaboratively.
- Allows you to comment on the card to flag any potential issues, communicate on task transfer, and attach necessary files.
- Provides integration with Dropbox, Zoom, Harvest, Google Drive, Slack, and so on.
Pricing of hive
- Hive costs $12 per user per month.
A chanty is a collaboration tool that virtually gets things done together and faster with your team members.
It is an easy-to-use software designed for managing the remote workforce to have effective communication and collaboration.
It allows you to create one-to-one, private, and group communication channels and send instant messages or have audio and video conferences with your team members.
The app provides all-in-one communication tools and allows you to access unlimited message history and other necessary features to get work done faster and make your team productive all the time.
It allows you to create a new task and collaborate with your team members no matter where they are working.
You can assign and filter tasks by status, dates, and people and set due dates, control status, and prioritize any task or subtask.
Furthermore, it offers other essential features such as file sharing, organizing tasks and subtasks, instant messaging, screen sharing, voice message sharing, and many more to have effective team communication and collaboration.
Features of chanty
- Allows you to create a new task and collaborate it with your team.
- Assign and filter tasks by status, dates, and people.
- Allows you to set due dates, control status, and priority for any task or subtask.
- Keeps only relevant people and conversations on your team space.
- Allows you to share voice messages to make an instant reply immediately.
Pricing of chanty
- Chanty is free for up to members.
- The business plan costs $3 per user per month.
Bitrix is a project management and collaboration software used by small to large organizations.
It allows you to create a call and conference for up to 24 participants and talk without any time limit regarding the project. It has an option to record calls and meetings for future reference.
The app allows you to have private and group chats and share unlimited files with team members.
Along with collaboration and communication, it also tracks your team members’ worktime using an online time clock built into Bitrix24.
It helps project management by providing printable Gantt charts, customizable Kanban boards, and other visual representations for your projects.
Features of Bitrix
- Creates a conference for up to 24 participants and allows them to talk without any time limit.
- Allows you to record calls and meetings and change backgrounds.
- Allows you to have private and group chats and share files with team members.
- Tracks the worktime of your team members using an online time clock built into Bitrix24.
- Provides printable Gantt charts, customizable Kanban boards, and other visual representations for your projects.
Pricing of Bitrix
- It offers a free plan.
- The start+ plan costs $17 per month.
- The CRM+ plan costs $48 per month.
- The project+ plan costs $48 per month.
- The standard plan costs $49.50 per month.
Microsoft Teams is a collaboration tool that allows you to communicate by creating different channels.
The app allows you to create different communication channels to have a one-to-one or group conversation and conduct meetings online.
It is an online platform for audio and video conferences, mainly for large enterprises with unlimited team members.
It provides unlimited storage, chat, and an online meeting platform within one place. It adds fun to the conversation by providing the option to send GIFs, emojis, and stickers in a group chat or private conversation.
It allows you to call or receive calls directly by providing features like group calling, cloud voicemail, and call transfers.
It allows you to collaborate with vendors, suppliers, and clients. It also tracks the attendance of participants automatically.
Features of Microsoft Teams
- Provides communication channels to have a one-to-one or group conversation.
- Provides direct access to email, Skype, OneDrive, and SharePoint.
- Provides unlimited storage, chat, and online meeting platform within one place.
- Allows you to collaborate with vendors, suppliers, and clients.
- Tracks the attendance of participants automatically.
Pricing of Microsoft Teams
- It offers a free piercing plan.
- The Microsoft 365 business basic plan costs $5 per user per month.
- The Microsoft 365 business-standard plan costs $12.50 per user per month.
- The office 365 E3 plan costs $20 per month.
Ryver is a team collaboration tool for your team. It can be used as an alternative to slack that helps bring your team together.
It is a cloud-based communication and collaboration tool used by small to large organizations.
It allows your team to collaborate on any task with one-to-one or group chats and conferences. You can organize your team communication with custom communication channels using this app.
Here, you can share files and posts securely and create as many teams as you want. It also provides screen-sharing features during a video conference with your team members.
You can invite guests, have an unlimited conversation, share unlimited files, and collaborate with clients regarding the real-time project.
It provides you with a discussion board to discuss the project with team members and get the work done effectively.
Here, you can share your files with team members directly from Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box.com.
Features of Ryver
- Organize your team communication using custom conversation channels.
- Allows your team to collaborate on any task with one-to-one or group chats and calls.
- Allows you to share files directly from Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box.com.
- Provides discussion boards to discuss the project.
- Provides integration with third-party apps like Slack, Dropbox, Asana, and many more.
Pricing of Ryver
- The starter plan costs $49 per month for up to 12 users.
- The unlimited plan costs $79 per month for unlimited users.
- The enterprise plan costs $149 per month.
In final words, slack helps you communicate effectively with your team members and still lacks some essential features.
So you can choose any of the software mentioned above to communicate and share files with your team members securely as they provide similar features to slack.
You can choose any software to make your team productive by having effective communication.
Which software are you using to communicate and collaborate with your remote employees? Please mention it in the comment section below.