Software as a Service (SaaS) companies have innovated a lot over the years. A SaaS company operating its business has changed a lot, and these companies provide significant value to its customers.
SaaS companies host their application over cloud servers and serve their customers via a web browser or app. Hence, they are called cloud applications or cloud-based services.
You don’t need to have an inadequate infrastructure or purchase a license like the traditional software with SaaS apps. They generally charge their user on a monthly or annual subscription per user.
Moreover, you can access them instantly and upgrade with just a few clicks. All you need is a web browser or a smartphone to access these SaaS apps.
Types of SaaS Applications
Just like any business or industry, there are categories of SaaS applications dominating the market. Each of those SaaS applications are specific in their purpose depending on industry, business and customer needs.
Here are some popular areas where SaaS tools can be implemneted for your business.
Using the business management SaaS applications, you can streamline recruitment, hiring, annual review, and other business processes.
These SaaS business tools are developed to help you automate time-consuming tasks while managing company culture without sacrificing quality.
SaaS apps are developed using cutting-edge technology, which allows you to increase your employee’s productivity and empowers your brand expansion to reach the targeted visitors.
Various SaaS companies offer easy-to-use and feature-rich accounting and invoice applications to track expenses and manage vendors.
Moreover, they are not complicated, and you don’t need to download them on your PC to use the software.
You can access these Accounting Applications from a PC or Smartphone using a web browser or their native app as they store their data on cloud servers that are secure and encrypted.
These financial and accounting systems are often termed as “cloud computing,” which are highly beneficial to modern businesses, especially to those business that have implemented work from home or remote employees.
Customer Relations Management
CRM is the most popular SaaS web application with a desktop version, also known as web-based software.
This software helps you connects your departments, and oganize information about your clients, partners, or clients within one system.
CRM SaaS applications help you simply the complex process of managing customer relations within the sales funnel . Moreover, they also offer you an easy scaling option if you need additional features and functions.
Communication & Collaboration
Communication and collaboration are something a business can’t run without, whether working from the office or remotely.
Communication and Collaboration SaaS solution helps your team work together on the same task or project.
Collaboration software helps you keep your work on track and meet deadlines. Also, they are used to handling big projects.
Enterprise Resource Planning
As the name suggests, Enterprise Resource Planning solutions falls under the category of SaaS tools that offers everything a business needs to maintain day-to-day business activities.
With its implementation, you can manage your sales, general accounting, distribution, employee management, customer service, and HR management.
Top 10 SaaS Applications for 2022
Here is the list of top 10 SaaS applications that can help you take the necessary steps forward and push your company forward in the right direction.
Salesforce is a cloud based SaaS web application for marketing, sales, service, application dvelopment, analytics, and IoT.
Salesforce is often considered as the top CRM software worldwide because of its vision and execution. This SaaS tool has all that enable your businesses to sell services and market like never before.
It provides a comprehensive business ecosystem. Moreover, you can easily import your data from Gmail, Excel, Google Calendar, and many more.
It easily integrates with the most popular apps like Jira, Outlook, Zapier, and many more to give you peace of mind while running your business.
Key feature of Salesforce:
- Manage account and contact including customer history, interaction, past communications and key contacts.
- Manage oppurtunities by keeping updated with people and information to complete specific deal.
- Users can share the marketing content with sales so that the gap between sales and marketing is filled.
- Lead management feature helps to prioritize the crucial list and improve the sales pipeline.
- Drag-and-Drop option helps to design and automate business workflow.
- Salesforce Mobile Application make the work easier because user can access the SaaS tool from anywhere.
Pricing Model of Salesforce:
Salesforce has different varieties of pricing models that are based on featrures needed by different industries such as marketing, manufacturing, health, service, and many more.
Essential: $25 per user per month. Best for small businesses and startup comapnies.
Professional: $75 per user per month. Best for medium-sized businesses because of its advanced CRM functions.
Enterprise: $150 per user per month. Best for enterprises that require large number of process automations
Unlimited: $300 per user per month. Best for businesses that require unlimited CRM support and power for your business.
This CRM juggernaut has 150,000 international customers and made a profit of $21.25 billion in 2021 fiscal year.
Zoom is a top video conferencing SaaS application that offers useful features for business owners and individuals.
Business owners started using the zoom to communicate with their team and associates with remote working.
Key features of Zoom
- It has an easy adoption of Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC) technology.
- You can use any device and have access from any location.
- It has accessed a strong security solution.
- Easy screen sharing, HD video, and audio calls facility.
- It supports up to 1,000 real-time video participants.
- It helps you to meet securely through role-based user authorization.
- Have streamlined calendar services through google and outlook.
- Have extra features like webinars, chats, and phone calls.
- One-to-one message and group message on team chat.
Free: The free version of Zoom (Basic or Personal Meeting) can host 100 participants and group meetings for 40 minutes. It has unlimited one-to-one meetings.
Pro: The Pro Zoom is for a small team and costs $149.90 per year per license. You can host up to 100 individual and group meetings for 30 hours. You have 1 GB of cloud Recording and social media streaming.
Business: The subscription price of Zoom Business is $199.90 per year per license.
You can use it for small and medium-sized businesses and host at most 300 participants. You can add to large meetings and increase up to 1000 participants.
You can manage transcripts, record, manage domains, company brand, and include all Pro and more features.
Zoom United Business: The subscription price of the united business is $350 per year per license. It includes all business features and many additional features.
You can conduct webinars, host meetings of up to 300 participants, and company branding. It includes all the Zoom United Pro and unlimited calls around global select and optional add-on.
By the end of 2020, Zoom’s marketplace capitalization had flown to over $115 billion, gaining nearly 520% over its 2019 price.
HubSpot is a SaaS marketing platform, and CRM software with the motto: “good for the business should also mean good for the customer.”
It offers a full stack of CRM, Marketing Hub, CMS Hub, and a Service Hub.
These are standalone SaaS software that does their respective job. All the above software are powerful alone, however, implemented together, they are much better.
HubSpot CRM is everything you require to nurture your relationship with your clients, leads, and customers. It is 100% free forever; hence you don’t need to worry about its pricing.
Marketing Hub helps you grow traffic and gain more visitors to your website with its amazon landing pages, analytics, automation, and so much more.
Sales Hub is a time-saving tool that helps you get deeper insights into your project, automate the tasks you feel lazy about, and lock more deals faster.
Service Hub is a customer service solution that helps you communicate with your customers, solve their problems, and turn them into promoters.
Key features of Hubspot
- Better log and track of emails:
- Better customer and contact management
- Monitoring, scheduling, marketing, and creating templates for emails
- Lead advertising and marketing for social media like Facebook and Instagram.
- Document records and company insights.
- Handle live chats, calls, chatbots, and customer services.
- Provides Better business analytics tools and clear dashboard reports for review.
Free: It has a limited feature to use as free of cost are:
- Advertisement management
- Email marketing
- Live chat
- Reporting dashboards
- Messenger integration
- HubSpot mobile application
Starter: The starter pricing model of HubSpot costs $50/user/month with exciting features like:
- Capture and alter, understand, and attract your leads
- Organize your team, connect with prospects on their conditions, and track, iterate, and improve your sales process
- Organize and track customer communications, boost productivity, and measures efficiency
Professional: The price of a professional plan is $800/month and $9,600/annual with exciting plus features like:
- Automation and personalization of your marketing.
- Recommend SEO and optimize it.
- Optimization of Conversion Rates and Ads of events
- Host and manage video
- Prepare custom reports of website traffic, salesforce integrations, campaigns.
Enterprise: The price of an enterprise plan is $3,200/month and $38,400/annual with the exciting plus professional features like:
- Management of your teams and brands by single sign-on, hierarchical, partition, and user roles.
- Extend your platform using programmable chatbots, webhooks, and custom features.
- Advance your company reporting by using multi-touch revenue attribution and prediction of lead scoring.
As per the Q3 report for 2020, customer numbers increased to over 95,000 in more than 120 countries as trades stepped up their digital marketing game amongst the pandemic.
Mailchimp is a popular email marketing tool that small and medium business owners have widely used for their email campaigns. It is the leading platform for marketing automation.
If you are looking for professional-looking templates for email marketing with an easy customization option and many additional features, Mailchimp should be your first choice.
Mailchimp offers sign-up forms, newsletters, and easy-to-customize features that will catch your eyes and help you reflect your brand image.
Moreover, it sends over a billion mail per day and has helped small and medium businesses grow with its products and personalized technology.
Key features of MailChimp:
- Easy to use email designers and campaign templates.
- Advanced segmentation of email campaigns.
- Product recommendations.
- Delivery by timezone.
- Merge tags.
- Comparative data report.
- Campaign sharing on social media
Free: The free model is intended for new marketers with big dreams to build customers and grow.
Essential: Essential MailChimp is for marketers to build CRM and grow sales with email marketing and customized branding with 24/7 support. The subscription price for the features is $9.99 per month.
Standard: Standard MailChimp is for expert and experienced marketers to scale, analyze and save time with expert automation and data-analytics tools. The subscription price for the features is $14.99 per month.
Premium: Premium MailChimp is for top-level advanced and expert marketers who want the most sophisticated growth tools with phone support. The subscription price for the features is $299 per month.
If you are looking for an easy-to-use technology to communicate with your team members in real-time and using the internet, Slack could be the best choice for you.
Slack is an online messaging platform developed to help team members communicate while working together on the same project or company. It allows you to create multiple teams for a single user.
Moreover, it allows many third-party integrations, such as Google Drive, Zendesk, Trello, Jira, Asana, and many more, to help you manage your team and run business operations more effectively.
Key features of Slack:
- Manage communication through private or joint channels revolving around a topic.
- Target messages using references to advance an individual’s attention.
- Enhance productivity with over 1500 application integration possibilities.
- Slack bots offer several features such as reminders, to-do lists, or ordering pizza.
- Conduct audio or video calls along with screen sharing with up to 15 people.
- Adapt notifications from channels of choice for mobile, desktop, or email.
- Simply share files through drag and drop or add files from other services on the cloud.
Pricing model of Slack:
Free: A great plan for small-size organizations or trial determinations. With the free plan, you get 10,000 searchable messages, 10 applications and incorporations, 1 on 1 video calls, and two-factor verification.
Standard: The standard subscription costs $8.00 per user per month ($6.67 per user per month on the yearly plan). This pricing model is perfect for small to medium businesses.
The function includes smart, unlimited search, unlimited application, group calls, and screen sharing, along with visitor accounts and collective channels.
Plus: The plus subscription costs $15.00 per user per month ($12.50 per user per month on the yearly plan).
This plan contains 24/7 support and 99.99% sure uptime SLA means that Slack will repay users if the servers are down or crash for any moment.
Enterprise Grid: The Slack enterprise Grid has all the benefits of Slack’s Plus Plan and many more additional features like:
- It provides you with offline backup and supports you for third-party DLP and eDiscovery.
- It has 24/7 support and additional features to costume your requirements.
- Offers 1 TB of cloud storage per member.
- Provides security, agreement, billing, and incorporation management
- Select account and customer accomplishment teams
Slack’s paid clients increased by 35% to over 140,000, creating an almost 40% advance in profits. The ongoing trend to work from home is well-placed for the future.
Nextiva is a SaaS application of VoIP company in Scottsdale, Arizona, founded in 2008. It focuses on cloud-based communication that indicates telephone and technology services used by 150,000 businesses.
Key features of Nextiva:
VoIP: VoIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol, where you can make calls through the internet. Nextiva offers VoIP service with an extensive array of communication such as:
- Advanced Call Forwarding
- Anonymous Call Rejection
- Attendant Console
- Auto Attendant
- Busy Lamp Field
- Call Me Now
- Call Parking
- Call Recording
- Call Return
- Call Waiting
CRM: Customer Relationship Management is to measure, examine, & modify the customer journey in real-time. Nextiva offers different CRM such as:
- Customer Experience Score
- Customer Journey Mapping
- Standard Reports
- Custom Reports
- Trend Analysis
- Customized Wallboards
- Team Performance & Sentiment Analysis
- Predefined Dashboard
- Manage Your Status
- Account Contacts
- Customizable Database
- Account Note
- Custom Case Status and Priority
- Watching Entities
- Export Data to CSV Files
Live Chat: Nextiva converse, connect, and collaborate anywhere. It offers different additional features such as:
- Convert Chats to Cases
- Customize Chat Buttons
- Internal Wiki
- Nextiva Chat Widget
- Internal Chat
- Unlimited Chat History
- Convert Chats to Cases
- Customize Chat Buttons
- Internal Wiki
Survey: Assemble client responses to learn how to serve them better. Nextiva offers different survey features like:
- Real-Time Survey Perceptions
- Survey Customization
- Employee Surveys
- Marketing Research Surveys
- Event Planning Surveys
Pricing Model of Nextiva:
Essential: It’s an easy and quick start plan with a subscription of $18.95 per user per month. Its features include:
- Unlimited voice & video calling
- Auto-attendant & costless numbers
- Incorporations with Outlook & Google Contacts
- Voice-mail to email notifications
- Unrestricted internet fax
- Mobile & desktop applications
- 24×7 customer support
Professional: It is for small teams with a $22.95 per user per month subscription. It has got all essential’s features plus additional features like:
- Unlimited conference calls of up to 40 participants
- Unlimited video conferencing of at most 250 participants
- Call Pop of up to 250 links.
- Unlimited business SMS
- Extended incorporations with Salesforce, HubSpot and Zendesk
- Expert setup
Enterprise: It is for medium teams with a subscription of $32.95 per user per month. It has got all professionals’ features plus additional features like:
- Unlimited members on voice and video conferencing
- Unlimited video conference recording and call recording
- Unlimited call pops
- Voice analytics & voice-mail record
- Extended incorporations with Microsoft Teams, Oracle Sales Cloud, and Service Now.
- Solo Sign-On
Ultimate: It is for all enterprise’s ready features with a subscription of $57.95 per user per month. It has got all enterprise’s features plus additional features like:
- Sales production & channel management
- Service production & ticket management
- Automatic surveys
- Analyze the customer journey
In 2020, Nextiva released a new teamwork app, Co space, to help its customer struggling with the evolution to home working during the pandemic. It has reached more than $200 million in profits without even tolerant external funding.
Grammarly is an another name in this SaaS application list which is an ideal choice for both small buiness and enterprise. It is a digital writing assistance tool with AI and natural language processing features to help you check for several types of errors in your writing.
It detects your grammatical and punctuation mistakes and provides you with real-time suggestions.
Grammarly can help you brush up your writing, such as social media posts, blog content, emails, and formal papers, whether you are doing professional writing, casual, or hobby writing.
Key features of Grammarly:
- Detects the tone of your writing
- Suggest you a better word
- Helps to rank your writing quality
- Consistency in writing
- Clarity and readability
Pricing Model of Grammarly:
Free: Grammarly’s unpaid version suggests your basic errors or critical issues in your writing, such as spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Premium: It styles your writing, improves clarity, adjusts your tone, better word choice, and additional advance correction to your writings. The subscription price of the premium version is $11.66 per month.
Business: This version is favorable for teams of 3 to 149. It has additional features like:
- Style guide
- Admin panel
- Central billing
- Importance of email support
- SAML SSO
The subscription price of the premium version is $12.50 per month.
Grammarly has serviced over 30 million users and advanced their writing and 10 million further than in 2019.
Its current takeover was to lock over $90 million in funding for adding the features of its natural language processing AI to additional improvement of its services.
Hootsuite lies among the top SaaS apps for social media management that helps you manage your social media accounts from one centralized location.
The application uses the system’s user interface receipts in a dashboard, provision social media incorporations different social media like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, and YouTube.
Also, it offers you a dashboard to watch and interact with all your social media accounts, or you can create a separate tabbed page where you can interact with every platform.
Hootsuite SaaS company has more than 16 million users in over 175 countries.
Key features of Hootsuite:
- Branding your company on social media
- It monitors multiple social media streams in one place.
- Effectively allows you to manage team posts.
- Manage and respond to the customers
- Can share information using the HootLet extension
- Provides you with a detailed outlook of social media strategy and working mechanism
- Can you schedule your post in advance?
Pricing Model of Hootsuite:
Professional: Hootsuite Profession has got vital tools for operative social media marketing. The subscription price for this plan is $ 49 per month.
Team: Hootsuite Team plan has a comprehensive collection of tools for social media marketing teams. The subscription price for this plan is $129 per month.
Business: Hootsuite’s business plan has innovative tools for huge social marketing teams. The subscription price for this plan is $599 per month.
Enterprises: Hootsuite Enterprise plan takes your company or business sales, facility, and marketing to new levels with a practice or smart social media solutions. The subscription price is not declaring your need to book this by contacting Hootsuite.
Atlassian is an Australian Software development company behind popular software development project management solution JIRA.
Jira is a cross-platform bug and issue tracking software with advanced features and capabilities.
Jira is suitable and extremely valuable for any company size and very helpful in collaborating teams.
You can use Jira to share information among your team members and engage everyone seamlessly.
Key features of Jira:
- Project management software:
- IT Service Management Software
- Code Hosting Software
- File Sharing Software
Pricing Model of Jira:
Atlassian has a pricing model of the total per-user price for their customers, including the Access products.
If you choose Atlassian, you get authoritative products and boosted security at a quarter of the price.
Atlassian’s robust package bid helped the business navigate the epidemic. Its up-to-date periodical report can claim a profit of almost $460 million – 26% exceeding a year ago. Its client base has extended to more than 180,000.
Shopify is the best eCommerce solution that allows beginners to create their online stores and sell their products.
You don’t need to write a single line of code to create your online store. Moreover, its advanced features help you run a fully functional eCommerce business without hassle.
It is planned to help individuals create their own scalable online business store with several built-in functions and tons of applications.
You can trade products right on your website, across many markets, or on a social networking site.
Key features of Shopify:
- Fully customizable website, e-commerce store, and blog
- Unrestrained bandwidth, product record, and client data
- Trade on new sales networks like Pinterest and Amazon
- All popular expense doorways reinforced.
- Systematize your fulfillment procedure with 3rd party shipping applications
- 24/7 award-winning client support
Pricing model of Shopify:
Basic Shopify: Basic Shopify is a starter for your new business with a subscription price of $29 per month. It includes basic features such as:
- Trade-in 133 currencies
- Accept in-person expenditures rapidly at pop-ups, markets, fairs, and more.
- Scam analysis
- Print shipping stickers
- 24/7 support
- Sell on online markets and social media. Network accessibility differs by country.
Growing: Shopify is for growing your business with a subscription of $79 per month. It includes all basic Shopify features and additional features like:
- Professional bits of intelligence
- USPS Importance Mail Cubic® pricing
- Guide foreign exchange rates
- Set country-specific domains to improve global SEO
Advanced Shopify: Advance Shopify is for advanced and additional features for your business’s scaling and analytics with a subscription price of $299 per month.
- Show considered rates with your account or third-party applications at checkout.
- Advanced statement creator
In 2020, Shopify approximately doubled its 2019 profits to more than $765 million. Currently, the application hosts more than 1 million stores in 175 countries, with more than 218 million shoppers.
SaaS companies have created a lot of solutions for individuals and business owners over time. Please let us know if the SaaS companies and apps you thought were on the above list or not.
If you think we missed any important SaaS Applications, please comment below.